Update: Details of the accepted workshops can be found here.
- June 10, 2016, 5:00 p.m. PDT: Deadline for proposal submissions
- June 15, 2016: Notifications
- September 9, 2016: Final camera-ready submissions (workshop proposals)
- Novemeber 6, 2016: Workshop Day
Workshops organizers for ISS 2016 will select a topic of interest about new and emerging interactive surfaces and spaces technologies.
The organizers manage submissions and reviews for workshops.
The deadline for workshop proposal submissions is May 27, 2016 and the notifications will be sent on June 3, 2016.
Workshop organizers are welcome to submit any topic of interest, some suggestions include:
- Multi-touch on mobile devices
- Large (wall-sized) surfaces
- Surfaces in public spaces, workplaces, homes
- Surfaces in domain specific environments (e.g., safety critical, education, games)
- Information or scientific visualization on interactive surfaces
- ... and other exciting topics!
The workshop chairs are looking for leaders in interactive surfaces and spaces topics to run workshops between 4 and 8 hours in length and occur the day before the conference starts (i.e., November 06, 2016).
Workshop organizers will receive one complimentary conference registration, and two complimentary workshop registrations;
organizers of half-day workshops will receive one complimentary workshop registration.
Workshops can be open (free to anyone who registered for it) or closed (attendees need to submit position papers).
We request a short proposal (up to 4 pages) in the SIGCHI Extended Abstracts publication format
Accepted proposals will be part of the ISS main proceedings available in the ACM Digital Library.
Please be sure to indicate the following:
- Topic of workshop
- Full contact information of all organizers of the workshop and the main contacting person
- Relevance to interactive surfaces and spaces community
- Topics covered in the workshop and planned activities
- Nature of the workshop - specify details as appropriate
- Program Committee members for the workshop
- Please add one additional page (for a total of 5 pages maximum) with the following information:
- A maximum 200 words Call-for-Papers to your workshop
- Link to workshop website
- Room requirements: tables, chairs, projector configuration, whiteboards, etc.
- Requested length (4h, 8h)
- Open or closed workshop
Please submit the workshop proposal using the ISS Precision Conference system (http://precisionconference.com/~sigchi) until the deadline on May 27, 2016.
This year we are planning to publish a companion proceedings for the accepted papers in workshops.
This companion proceedings will be published by ACM Digital Library (non-archival form) and will be searchable in the ACM Digital Library.
The accepted workshops’ organizers will tell the workshop chairs email@example.com if you would like the accepted submissions to be excluded from the ACM Digital Library.
Workshop organizers will be asked to:
- Manage a PC and reviewing system for the submitted paper (e.g. easychair)
- Set a workshop paper submission deadline (September 30 recommended) and a notification date of October 07 (latest).
- We will provide workshop organizers a special code for early bird registration that they will give in the accepted notification to authors.
- The workshop organizers will provide the meta-data of all the accepted papers to workshop chairs on October 07 (latest).
The page limit for workshop papers is 7 pages including references using the 2014 SIGCHI Extended Abstracts publication format
(Note that this format utilizes the "Lastname, F.M." author-name reference style, not the more recent "Firstname M. Lastname" convention.)
- Submit the final camera ready workshop papers by the deadline set by ACM.
Edward Tse, SMART Technologies
Shah Rukh Humayoun, University of Kaiserslautern